Sunday, September 12, 2010

New Girl Anxiety

While looking for an apartment I learned that you have the option of choosing your electric company and internet/cable provider. Again, who knew!!!! They apparently had something similar to what we have in Oregon with PGE and the company was over charging so now the consumer gets to choose. Yay!! There are so many options, pay as you go (like a pay as you go cell phone), monthly, 12 month fixed, 24 month fixed, some with termination fees and others without, and others that are based on variable rates. Sounds like I'm trying to buy a house. It's the same with cable/internet companies, you are able to choose. Decisions, decisions

In addition, I have to learn to navigate the transportation system here. I called the transportation office to get the correct route from where I will be living and found out I'm going to have to change trains until the new line is extended in December. WHAT! Ok, I can do it, I've navigated many different transportation systems around the world. In December the line will be extended and I won't have to change trains. Whew! Just when I'll be getting used to it. In the end, it's only going to be about a 20 minute commute to work and I don't have to drive. Wahoo!

I begin orientation tomorrow with all of the other new employees. Orientation goes for two days and then I will finally be able to meet my co-workers. It's so strange considering we've never met each other. I'm really excited to get started and to get rid of the new girl jitters. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment