Saturday, September 11, 2010

Apartment Searching












As I mentioned previously, I have been apartment searching for the last two days. I have narrowed it down to two apartment complexes, one in West End (the historic area of Dallas) and one in Victory Park ( a new upscale area very close to West End). You can get a little more bang for your buck in West End but it all comes down to atmosphere. While researching apartments I learned that the apartment industry in Texas bases prices of the apartments on the stock market. Who Knew!!!!!! So if you get a price, it's good for 48 hours and that's it. It could then go up or down after that. Each building gave me a printed quote so that I would have it in writing. The apartments in the areas I mentioned go quickly so if you don't put something down to reserve them, the apartment will most likely be gone quickly. I felt like I was racing in competition with everyone else. Anyway, I decided I would get up early today and go down to the West End to apply for an apartment that had just come available for a great price. I called and left a message that I was interested and I swear up and down that the answering service message states that their hours on Saturday is 1-5:30, but come to find out, I was wrong. Since I was planning on being in the West End by 1:00, I decided to have a relaxing morning and then "the phone call". I was called by the leasing agent who had showed the apartment to me yesterday and she was wondering if I could hurry down as the cheap apartment was being shown to someone else. In a flash I was out the door armed with the bus number and schedule as the hotel shuttle doesn't run on the weekend. Sadly, before I even left, the "cheap" apartment was leased to that person but I think I profited as I reserved a better apartment. HA!!!! Take that!!!!

I enjoyed walking around the different areas of Dallas as there is so much to see. I walked through Victory Park, Uptown, and West End. Since the West End is considered the historic district it has many museums and the aquarium as I mentioned before. Uptown is very "uptown" and has a different restaurant on almost every corner along with cool hair salons and other fun shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment