Friday, September 17, 2010

Navigating the rapid transit system

I am happy to report that I was able to navigate the train system to and from work this week! Moving down here without a car has been an interesting endeavor but I think it will work out just fine. I was able to get a regional pass so that I can travel anywhere that the transit goes so I can do exploring without having to worry about traffic, parking or whatever else. I got on the train yesterday after work, wasn't paying attention and landed up going on the wrong train in the wrong direction. Of course, I figured it out as soon as the train left the station so it was a small adventure to the next station and then waiting for what seemed like forever for the next train going the correct direction. So instead of getting home in 12 minutes, it took about an hour. :) Anyway, now I know. Everyone I work with has been so welcoming and helpful, true Southern hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment